About Texas Children’s Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org .
We are searching for a Sergeant Security Officer — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform field supervision of patrol and standing post activities, supervise and personally perform investigative work, and perform assigned administrative activities in carrying out the directions of the Commissioned Security Lieutenant or above. In addition, the Commissioned Security Sergeant is to assist in protecting the staff, patients, visitors, and assets of Texas Children’s Hospital. To support the Texas Children’s Hospital by providing a visible front-line supervisory presence, efficiently handling customer inquiries, and requests for assistance, conducting weapons and equipment inspections and documents as needed, and ensuring smooth traffic flow. To provide support to the Security Operations Managers and Lieutenants as required. Acts as a shift supervisor in the absence of the lieutenant or manager as directed
Think you’ve got what it takes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides supervisory security functions at designated posts and patrol locations
• Patrols the Hospital
• Monitors traffic and parking in designated areas
• Operates Texas Children’s Hospital vehicles and other assigned duties
• Responds to emergency situations
• Attends training and keeps certifications up to date
• Limited Supervisory Duties
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Licenses/Certifications: LCSO – Commissioned Security Officer by the Texas Department of Public Safety – Private Security Board, acquired within 180 days of entering the role, CAHSO – Cert Adv Healthcare Sec Officer by the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS), acquired within 90 days of entering the role, TDR – Texas Driver’s License by the State of Texas, acquired within 90 days of entering the role. Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check demonstrating a clear driving record as defined by the routine driver qualifications outlined in the Texas Children’s Fleet Safety Policy and Procedure by the job entry date. Must also maintain a clean driving record. Must pass a Physical Fitness Test performed by Texas Children’s Employee Health Services and/or an affiliate by the job entry date.
• 3 years Security, law enforcement, or military experience